On Thursday nights, June 1 – August 10, 2017, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., Summer in the Park returns to San Marcos, TX. View the 2017 schedule.
The San Marcos Performing Arts Association (SMPAA) sprang from an idea Marie Jager had in the spring of 1986 to start a free summer concert series and a festival at Christmas. This year (2014) marks 29 years of “Summer in the Park.” Different bands of various genres come to San Marcos, Texas during the hot summer Thursday nights to perform for the community, family, and friends of the San Marcos community. The concerts begin on the first Thursday of June, every Thursday night until the second Thursday of August. In 2016, 11 concerts total.
- Smoking is not allowed on any public facility of San Marcos, Texas. (More information)
- Alcohol beverages are NOT allowed in any San Marcos parks; except Summer in the Park events within the concert venue area only. We paid for the privileged of our guest to drink alcoholic beverages during these events. It can be revoked at any time, so please don’t be that ‘one’ who ruins it for everyone.
- Ban the use of Styrofoam and glass type products. Paper and plastic type products are allowed.
- Trash and recycling bins are located throughout the Summer in the Park concert area. Please use them.
- View the other park rules as shown on the City of San Marcos web site.
Follow, Subscribe, Like, Friend us by pressing here to see a list of social media sites.
Want to be a sponsor, press here for more information.
Location for 2017:
Every Thursday night
June 1 – August 10, 2016
7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Articles, Photos, and Videos
You can share your photos and videos under 3 minutes at:
View all articles related to Summer in the Park:
- 2017: Articles | Schedule
- 2016: Articles | Schedule
- 2015: Articles | Schedule
- 2014: Articles | Schedule
- 2013: Articles | Schedule
See all YouTube videos and Flickr photos/videos the from Summer in the Park series:
- 2017: YouTube | Flickr
2016: YouTube | Flickr
- 2015: YouTube | Flickr
- 2014: YouTube | Flickr
- 2013: YouTube | Flickr
Flickr stores photos, graphics, and short videos under 1-3 minutes long.
YouTube stores videos of unlimited lengths and resolutions.
Summer in the Park barcode and redirects
Scan the QR Code to view this page on your mobile phone. When scanned, your mobile phone will automatically go to http://seae.us/sitp/ and then to http://www.sanmarcossummer.com/. http://www.sanmarcossummer.com/ redirects to http://smpaa.us/summerinthepark/ and then to this page at http://smpaa.us/events/summerinthepark/.